“the Angel in the House”

on

After a perfect morning with Sebald, I had to put other parts of myself to work: I had to wash my windows …

Not my favorite job at all, but a view like this deserves to be seen.

About: The Angel in the House is a narrative poem by Mr. Coventry Kersey Dighton Patmore (23 July 1823 – 26 November 1896). The poem is about an ideal happy marriage.

“She [the perfect wife] was intensely sympathetic. She was immensely charming. She was utterly unselfish. She excelled in the difficult arts of family life. She sacrificed daily. If there was a chicken, she took the leg; if there was a draught she sat in it … Above all, she was pure.” (Woolf, 1966: 2, 285) She added that she “bothered me and wasted my time and so tormented me that at last I killed her” (Woolf, 1966: 2, 285).

The dogs? Of no help whatsoever!

And this girl, she obviously thinks there are more than enough light in our rooms

1. That view is gorgeous, sig run. And as for the dogs, they look like you woke them up. Definitely not pleased, those 2 🙂

Its beautiful here, a lovely peaceful place!

2. A beautiful home and view…I didn’t know that Norway was so rugged. It looks like parts of Canada. And, we have the same comforter – Ikea, the universal store. Someone should write a poem about it…

Nothing like IKEA!
      Norway is rough – very rough 🙂

3. Caroline says:

Oh that view and the house. Wonderful.
    I like the dog couple. 🙂

Thank you, they are great for walking!

4. winstonsdad says:

oh what pretty dogs ,all the best stu

5. Anthony says:

Oh, I think my post didn’t work. This is utterly beautiful, is it your home?

Thank you!
      This is where I spend part of my time, its out in the country. Its a quiet place, but the weather is pretty rough most of the time. Here are great beaches for walking, but not for swimming, the North Sea is beating the sand – coming all the way from the Orkney Island to the cost of Norway. http://www.nasjonaleturistveger.no/en/jaeren#img1

6. Inspiring house, doubly inspiring views!