In a haze

We’re entering week two of GLM, and I have a confession to make; I’m not keeping up with my plans -: But I can assure you – it’s not due to ill will!

The reason is this – eight books to review as soon as possible:

1. Hanne Ørstavik: Hyenene
  2. Brit Bildøen: Adam Hiorths veg
  3. Marit Eikemo: Samtale ventar
  4. Jon K. Stefansson: Englenes sorg
  5. Chan Koonchung: Fete år
  6. Anne Wichstrøm: Asta Nørregaard
  7. Ketil Bjørnstad: Drømmemesteren
  8. Yoyun Lin: Skinnende gull. Glitrende smaragd

Its my job, and I love it! But my German plans will have to be kept on hold for a while …

The review copies are all in Norwegian, I am reviewing them for Stavanger Aftenblad – after first having been published in the paper, the reviews will pop up on my Norwegian blog.

1. Lenna (veganlenna) says:

Haha, I wish your job were my job 😀 I really love Hanne Ørstavik, her book are always a pleasure to read, even though somewhat decadent pleasure 🙂

Just finished Ørstavik. I actually find “Hyenene” to be one of her best novels – ever. In which language did you read her?

1. Lenna (veganlenna) says:

I should look for the “Hyenene” then, sounds promising! I read her in Norwegian, I like to read books in the language they were written in, or I try to do so at least. I have just finished “Beatles” by Lars Christensen and really enjoyed it.

Love to hear what you think of “Hyenene”!

2. Caroline says:

I hope they are interesting books. I haven’t made much progress on my Swedish learning plans since the beginning of the year but I’ll try if I undertstand something.
    You have to do a Top 10 Norwegian books (in translation) once.

What a great idea! I could also do a list of top contemporary Scandinavian Women writers …

3. Caroline says:

Yes,Ii would love it, I’m tired of Norway, Sweden and Denmark being called crime fiction countries. I like the genre but there is so much more. We find a lot of translations in German but i doubt there are as many in English.
    I wanted to read Hamsun’s Hunger this year. I really like Victoria and Pan.

I will do some research on translations.
      My all time Hamsun favorite is Mysterier (Mysterien/ Mysteries) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterien_(Roman)

4. aleksander balos says:

can i use that image in painting, please

Absolutely – feel free!